Monday, September 14, 2009

What's with the questions?









“Really?”

“What?”

“I’m saying. You’re just gonna sit there and act like – Oh okay. Fine.”

“What?” she reiterates, trying her best to keep a straight face.

“Nothing. Do you know what you’re gonna order? I’m hungry.”

“Girl, don’t be like that! I was just messing with you! Sheesh.”

“Hmm, what? I really am hungry. What are you talkin’ about?” she states matter-of-factly never looking up from the lunch menu.

Laughing, “See. Can’t nobody joke with you when you wanna know something!”

She sucks her teeth. “Whatever.”

“Brat.”

“Heffa.”

She gasps, “You name calling now??”

“You started it.”

“Yeah, but I was telling the truth,” she retorts.

She gives out a boisterous laugh, covering her mouth to muffle it. She looks around the restaurant at the other diners and whispers, “How ‘bout you tell me something else?”

“Something like what? Oh what – you wanna know about last night or somethin'? Girl, you know I am not the one to kiss and tell.”

“Bullshit. Do NOT make me create a scene up in here. This is your favorite spot, not mine. I’ll do it. I will get you banned. They’ll have your picture taped in the reservation book and everything,” she playfully threatens.

“Ew, you so evil! Fine. We had fun last night. Happy?” she says rolling her eyes.

“Now we’re getting somewhere. But you always have fun with him. Something’s different this time. We’re at your favorite eatery. You’ve had this goofy look on your face since you sat down.” She raises an eyebrow, pauses for a moment before raising the other and exclaiming, “You GAVE HIM SOME, didn’t you??”

“Girl, keep your voice down or you will get me banned!”

“Oops. Sorry,” she says, not at all appearing apologetic.

“Whatever. Since you must know, yes…we took it to the next level.”

“And?” she asks impatiently.

“And what?”

“How was it?”

She closes her eyes as if revisiting the most intimate moment of that encounter. Her head barely turns left and slightly down as she briefly bites the inside of her bottom lip. But just as fast as she closed them, she opens them. She stopped herself short of a full shudder so the entire gesture lasts a short second.








“It was nice,” she says with her best poker face to date.

“Oh shit. He made you…,” her whisper trails off.

“Yes,” she emphatically replies. “More than once,” she adds, gleaming, beaming and glowing all at once.

Insert comfortable silence.

The waiter walks up, pen and pad in hand. “Are you ladies ready to order?”



end.




Is it fair to say that over the span of several years, that spine-tingling, sweat-producing, heart-pounding incredible sex between the same two consenting adults will eventually diminish to good sex or worse, the equivalent of going through the motions with occasional glimmers of what once was? And if so, is it an irrational notion to just walk away (i.e. cold turkey) before the “legacy is tarnished” (a.k.a. not like it used to be)?

5 comments:

Tonda said...

My girl says it's easier to keep the flames burning then to start a new one. It depends on what your relationship is with the person you're involved with. If this relationship is just a physical release and nothing more then it will diminish when the flames die down.

But just like any good/great thing worth having, you have to put some work into it, keep improving it. There's no reason why you can't continue to have great sex.

Mr Keys said...

Very well put, Tawanda. I agree with you one hundred percent. Your girl too. lol.

Thanks for stopping by.

asia kismet said...

speaking from experience...the sex being great or good is really determined by the two partner's affinity for eachother. everything gets heightened when that "want" is there. I guess in the beginning things are new and if there is no creativity in the sex...if it becomes robotic...it gets old easily.

this blog brought some memories...of me wanting to tell my girls...but i'm the private type...and then on top of that you have the other side where you can't tell your girls too much for fear they might just want to experience what you're talking about. then you might say "they aren't really your girls" but i'm just the extra cautious type like that. i know my girls wouldn't but why put it out there.

Mr Keys said...

So now...what you're saying has me wondering, "Well how do you keep the want?" But that's gonna be talk on another blog. *grin*

Unknown said...

I was just talking on the phone to my man about him depriving me so I am now reduced to chocolate covered pretzels for satisfaction. He said I have been starving him(smile) I have. He and I have a wonder sex life but there are times when our libidos are not on the same page. I love the initial anxiouness, anticipation of the first time, the first 6 months its great. If you are in a long term relationship that elation changes you go through periods of doing it for each other satisfaction and periods of damn boy/damn girl where have you been(this is wonderful)again I smile. Its up to both to keep that fire burning. To make it feel like the first time again(it's possible) as a woman you have to know how to entertain and make do with what you have. Romance on both ends are necessary to keep the sex great!!! I share my sexcapades with a close friend or 2 and we bounce ideas for romps in the bedroom off each other. Men like women who trun them on and if he is into you loves you...just about anything will turn him on and out. Keep it sexy, wear heals and pretty panties, sexy outfits, smell good all the time. Listen to sexy music read a sexy poem or book..but don't let the sex get boring...PLEASE...and talk about it...don't be shy..sometimes the best part about talking to someone is seeing them get more excited about what you are telling them than you are(well atleast for me, I could possible be a voyeur..lol) but girlfriends should share..even girl and guyfriends should share..as long as the other party is not trying to do what you are doing with your man/woman I don't see anything wrong with sharing intimate details.