Tuesday, January 12, 2010

False Start

So...this was supposed to be the third installment of the Seconds series, aptly titled 300 Seconds. But it seems that it wasn't meant to be. At least not yet. See, yesterday after my lunch break I ran into my unplanned lunch companion by the elevators. We exchanged the customary Happy New Years greetings and she made sure to let me know that she would most definitely see me in that room on Tuesday.
 
Today is Tuesday.
 
She didn't show. I ate my lunch. I left. My usual M.O. a.k.a Modus operandi.
 
I got to my desk thinking that maybe, just maybe, she's trying to bait me. I mean, it's possible. I don't really put much more than I usually put past people nowadays. And if I stepped outside myself, I'd have to say that it's a clever little plan.
 
On several occasions, she's managed to explain and verbally map out for me, the exact location of her desk. I listen with feigned concentration but it never really mattered because I never really thought it mattered. I didn't have any intention of going to her floor and "stopping by" for a brief conversation for all others within earshot to hear. It was never that deep for me.
 
For her? I assume, a different story. But I dont know for certain. What I do know is that I don't well on the standardized tests that are placed before me by them. By them, I mean those certain women. The one with a game handy. One for you to join in, unbeknownst to you. And unbeknownst to her and a few women prior, I fail tests on purpose (shoutout to Henry). Long story for another blog.
 
So maybe it was a false alarm (on my part) or maybe she's extremely busy. Either way, this is a status update of sorts. Nothing thrilling. Nothing excited. Just regularnessicity.
 
 
 
Everything I jot on the left reads right.

4 comments:

Ndygo Sunshyne said...

she's got you where she wants you: with her on your mind. BEWARE!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm actually interested in how this pans out. I have a friend at work, I guess a "flirt buddy" and I often find myself waiting for him to stop by. It's weird. I don't know why I've started to expect it, like a highlight of my day. And I'm starting to wonder about myself and wonder where it's going. So I'm gonna be following your situation to see if it gives me some insight. :)

a black girl who did date said...

I need her to get it together!!! This has become my new daytime drama.

Mr Keys said...

@ Ndygo Sunshyne - Yeah, I suppose you're right...but it's because I'm on my game now. LOL

@ Tasha - Ahh...the flirt buddy. I'm all too familiar with that scenario. It's a dance. I won't say more than that right now...can't spoil it for you.

@ a black girl who did date - Ha! It's a shame the drama only airs once a week...if that.