Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Twitterpated

Nah, really...it's a word. Not allegedly made up like some of my other words. My accuser knows who she is. For real, look it up.

So I'm going to try something new. Well, it's new to me at least. I've been noticing that there's been a bunch of things that I want to comment on or mention right on the spot. I haven't been able to do that. And by the time I'm able to do any such thing, the moment has passed and it's taken the inspiration right along with it. ENTER TWITTER. I got myself a Twitter account and I'm going to call it like I see it. If I see something that gets my goat, I'm going to twit it (Is that right?). If I see my crush on the train, I'm going to twit it (I think if I say it enough times, it will sound right). If I see anyone I've blogged about...you get the picture.

Now as much as I'd like to start like right now...I'm going to wait because, well...I don't have enough followers yet. I'm hoping that all of you that have Twitter accounts will follow me and my daily musings. I put a link in the upper left side of the screen to follow me. Hopefully, it works. If not...allow me to reintroduce myself... My name is Darryl, Mr Keys if you're nasty.

13 comments:

Kryssy said...

I'm kinda embarrassed that I have no earthly idea what Twitter is all about. lol

Mr Keys said...

lol @ no earthly idea. i like that.

But don't be. I'm honest to goodness JUST figuring it out this week. shhhhh, don't tell anyone. Promise!

suga said...

Welcome to the world of Twitter!
You can also link your facebook so that whenever you tweet (not a response to people but just a tweet), it'll show up on your fb wall.

Mr Keys said...

congratulations, suga. you've been officially appointed as my twitter adviser.

mj said...

i'm excited for your new twendeavors!!! see you there!!

Ms_Slim said...

I caved after MUCH kicking and screaming and now I've got a Twitter account...but I only did it because I couldnt get to sleep one night and I had exhausted all other options really.

I havent signed on since I joined. I just can't get into it. Blah.

Good luck to you though.

And dont let this take away from your actual BLOGGING, sir. No excuses :)

Mr Keys said...

Ms Slim, Ms Slim...You stay being the boss of me. Thank you for that! Real talk.

Now, if you'll excuse me...I need to find you and follow you on Twitter.

suga said...

I can't be your Twitter advisor. I barely knw what i'm doing on there myself lol

Mr Keys said...

Damn, Suga...

"How you gon' get fired on ya day off??

SMH...

Ms_Slim said...

lol follow away

I'd tell you it's pointless though because I literally havent signed on OR changed my update since the day I joined...but you'll find that out soon :)

Oh and just call me Boss Lady Slim lol

Mr Keys said...

Hey uh "Boss Lady Slim..."

I'm worse than I thought at this Twitter thing...I couldn't find you. LOL

Satori said...

I did the twitter thing when it first came out and I got kinda turned off by the sheer narcissticy( i was reaching there) of it. People twitted EVERYTHING they were doing, and I was just sorta turned off when a certain celeb that I know twitted her childbirth.
Where do we unplug? Like really

Mr Keys said...

Satori...

I definitely feel you on that. I'm getting "tweets" from a small number of people and it's actually feeling like too much. The plus that's buried deep in the negative is that good information has been obtained and passed. So...I'm still on the fence with the picket directly in the crack.